A special reader diagnosed with Celiac disease made a special request for my recipe of gluten-free banana bread today. She made the request via my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BecomeUnglud
So, to Noella, I hope this brings you as much joy as it does my family!
Here’s what you’ll need/Ingredients:
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour (Personally I prefer Bob’s Red Mill all-purpose gluten-free baking flour) (I’ve tried others, I feel this yields the best, natural texture.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I use Sea Salt)
- 4 eggs (my own free range organic chickens)
- 4-5 Medium mashed ripe bananas (make sure they’re almost about to go bad, these are the best for baking!)
- 1 cup sugar (I use organic)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (also organic)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ** 1/2 cup chopped walnuts OR chocolate chips, if you’re feeling saucy, a lot of times I bake w/no additions.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt, eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir after each additional ingredient just until moistened.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Let cool, slice, serve enjoy!! I can tell you this treat does NOT last long in our house at all, 2 days if we’re lucky. And if there’s any left by the weekend, I often slice the rest & make banana bread french toast with it; HUGE hit!! I do a lot of from scratch cooking, try tons of recipes, change them to suit my needs & taste. Don’t be afraid to experiment with your food!
Have a great night, enjoy!