I saw this recipe:
and knew 2 things immediately, #1, it would be fairly easy to convert to gluten-free & #2, it would be a huge hit with my family!! So, here it goes. You can click above link to see original recipe, here is my version below:
- 3 very ripe organic bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, natural, no salt added
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 fresh, local organic egg
- 1/2 cup granulated organic sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour gluten-free flour (my favorite is Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp organic sea salt
- 8 oz of Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups, chopped
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease your loaf pans, I used 3 mini pans, so I could bring at least 1 to a friend’s house, I used coconut oil spray
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together, as you add, in order.
- Bake for approx 30 min. for mini pans, 1 hour for large pan, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack.
Came out delicious!! Here are a couple pics: (wish I had taken pic of inside sliced, but it was gobbled up before I thought of it!)