I wanted to make something yummy & different for a play date snack for my boys & our friends. Plus considering budget as I always do, I didn’t want to make a trip to the grocery store. Keeping that in mind it had to be something I could bake with stuff I had on hand. And I found this:
Yes, Yes, Yes!!
Now, obviously this is not for my nut-sensitive friends, sorry, but goodness my boys (including hubs) are suckers for peanut butter & chocolate!! So, I mostly followed the original recipe (above you can click the link), for copyright reasons I cannot paste whole recipe here.
- 2 cups all natural unsalted creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 2 eggs at room temperature (we used our own girls Organic eggs)
- 1/2 cup honey, agave, or pure maple syrup (only use 1/3 cup if you are making banana version) … I used honey & didn’t notice that second note, so put in 1/2 cup (probably why they were so moist)
- OPTIONAL: 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (I used Organic slightly over ripe, as my Gramma always taught me those were the best for baking)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt,plus extra for sprinkling on top (I didn’t sprinkle any on top)
- 1/4 cup nutella (or nutella substitute of choice), (I used Nutella)
- 3 oz your favorite dark chocolate bar, coarsely chopped (I left this out, #1 I didn’t have any on hand & thought it might just be too much chocolate), but if you look up original recipe, her pics are amazing & looks so delicious)
I don’t have a mixer, so unfortunately I mix by hand (I’m sure I’m stronger for it), lol And I combined ingredients all in 1 bowl. Other than that I followed baking directions as originally written. And oh, what a treat we did eat!!
Cook, eat & enjoy!!