Scrolling Pinterest as I often do looking for either inspiration (pinspiration), or new recipes, I came across this amazing sounding dessert that I knew would be right up my family’s alley!
Peanut Butter Pie with Chocolate Covered Pretzel Crust from The Baking Beauties.
Here is my Gluten-Free version: (also a lazy cheat on the “whip cream”)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free pretzel crumbs (pretzels ground in food processor) (I used snyder, glutino might have been less salty, with this recipe, the less salt the better, because remember you have peanut butter too)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted (I used salt-free organic real butter)
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (I used neufschatel cheese)
- 1/2 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together the pretzel crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press into a greased 9 1/2-inch pie plate. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Cool.
- In another bowl, beat together the peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Once this has been fully mixed, blend in 1 cup of the whipped cream. Using a large spatula, fold in another cup of the whipped cream.
- Swirl a bit of fudge/chocolate sauce into the bottom of the cooled pie crust.
- Scrape the peanut butter mixture into the pie crust, spreading it into an even layer.
- Top with whipped cream, and drizzle with more fudge sauce. Cool in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving. Store remaining pie covered in the refrigerator.
Please remember, cook to eat, eat and enjoy & please share! “Cook, eat, enjoy & share.”